I like Chinese food and I occasionally cook it, but I think this is the first time I post an Asian recipe. I prepared this for lunch on a weekend and it was a fulfilling meal. Here is the recipe.
Vegetables and Chicken Stir Fry Noodles (serves 2)
Preparation and cooking time: 45 minutes
– 200g noodles of your choice, cooked according to packet
– 2 small carrots, sliced
– 2 cups of broccoli florets
– 2 green onions
– 2 tsp of diced fresh ginger
– 2 cups of sliced fresh mushrooms
– 1/2 a green bell pepper, sliced into julienne
– 3 Tbsp of sesame oil
– 1 tsp of olive oil
– 1/2 cup of Kikkoman stir-fry sauce
– 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, pounded flat and cut into long slices
1. In a large skillet (or a wok if you have one), heat 2 Tbsp of sesame oil and the tsp of olive oil and then add all the vegetables and give them a good stir.
2. In the meantime, in another skillet, heat 1 Tbsp of sesame oil and cook the chicken until it turns white inside and outside.
3. When the vegetables have softened a little, add the stir-fry sauce. Bring to boil then cover and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked).
4. When the chicken is ready, add them to the vegetables and give it all a good stir so that the sauce coats everything evenly. Let everything cook for 5 minutes.
5. Finally, add the noodles to the skillet and mix everything well. The noodles will be a little sticky because we haven’t used much oil in this recipe, so you might need to add more stir-fry sauce. Mix the noodles, vegetables and chicken well and serve hot straight from the skillet.