This is a basic chocolate ganache recipe.
- 140g dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup cream
Break the chocolate into pieces and melt them in the cream on low to medium heat. Whisk until the mixture is smooth and silky and the chocolate has totally melted.
I will be referring to this recipe throughout the blog, so always come back to check basic recipes on this page.
This is the classical recipe for short grain rice cooked vermicelli to be served alongside any Lebanese stew (more or less).
Ingredients (for 2):
- 1 cup short grain rice
- 2 Tbsp vermicelli
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 and 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Wash the rice well under running water. Place in a colander and set aside.
2. In a deep saucepan, heat the oil and fry the vermicelli till they become golden. Be careful not to burn them.
3. Add the rice to the vermicelli. Give it a gentle stir.
4. Add the salt and the water, bring to boil and then cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the rice has absorbed all the water and has doubled in size. The rice should be fluffy.
Serve alongside any stew.
This cream cheese frosting is perfect for cupcakes, party cakes and any basic sponge cake.
- 225 (8 oz.) g cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter
Whisk the three ingredients together into a creamy mixture.
You can an additional ingredient to get a flavored frosting.
Suggestions for flavors:
- Orange zest
- Lemon zest
- 2Tbsp pineapple juice
- 50g Nutella