A lot of my friends are on a diet these days and they won’t even taste from the food that I make even if I say that I just used one Tbsp of oil! So if you’re on a diet (seems that it’s the season!), you can easily make this recipe a diet-friendly one, just grill the chicken strips in the oven instead of cooking them with butter and oil. But really, the way I’ve prepared this isn’t very fattening, give a try and let me know what your taste buds think ;)
Ingredients (for 2):
– 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp olive oil
– 275g boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
– 2 Tbsp flour
– 250g fresh white mushrooms, sliced
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1/2 cup water
– 2 Tbsp vinegar
– 2 Tbsp low salt soy sauce
1. Salt and pepper the chicken strips and then lightly dredge in flour.
2. In a wide pan, heat the butter and oil and then cook the chicken until slightly golden. Save aside.
3. In the same pan, put the minced garlic and mushrooms and cover the pan until the mushrooms let out their water and lovely aroma.
4. Pour the water and vinegar onto the mushroom mix, salt and pepper and bring to boil. Leave the mixture boiling on medium heat until the liquid evaporates to half.
5. Add in the chicken strips and give it a good stir, around 5 minutes.
6. Finally, add the soy sauce and keep everything cooking for an additional 2 minutes.
Serve hot with white rice on the side or green peas.