Spaghetti, linguine, penne… it really doesn’t matter as long as you got the sauce right. I used linguine because for some reason I prefer how it wraps around the sauce, but feel free to use spaghtetti.
Linguine alla bolognese (for 4)
– 1 packet of linguine pasta, cooked in salted water according to instructions
– 300 g minced beef
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 1 carrot, finely chopped
– 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
– Olive oil
– Salt, pepper
– 650 ml tomato sauce in a bottle (passata di pomodoro)
– 1 tsp white sugar
– 1 Tbsp of soy sauce
– 1 Tbsp of grated parmesan cheese
1. Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a deep sauce pan. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook until they are soft. Add the minced beef, season with salt and pepper, and cook until well done.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients except the cheese. Bring to boil. Lower heat to medium/low and let it cook until the sauce reaches the consistency you want: neither too thick nor too watery. Just before turning off the heat, add the cheese and give it a good stir.
3. Pour the sauce into the pot of the cooked drained pasta, give everything a good mix, make sure the sauce envelopes everything, and serve with extra grated parmesan cheese.