This recipe has a long name but it is a quick fix one. You can play around with the proportion of chicken to pasta; if you feel like a chicken dish, then throw in just a little bit of pasta, and vice versa. Today I wanted more protein than carbs so you’ll see that I used a full chicken breast (320g) for just one cup of cooked pasta (200g) and a lot of mushrooms!
Ingredients (serves 2):
– 1 Tbsp of olive oil and 1 Tbsp of grape seed oil
– 1 full chicken breast (320g) cut into cubes
– 1 cup of cooked pasta, I used farfalle, penne should be good too
– Two generous handfuls of chopped fresh mushrooms
– A handful of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
– Garlic powder, salt, dried herbs (anything you can get your hands on)
– 1/4 cup of white wine
Heat the oils in a skillet. Fry the chicken until white.
Add the mushrooms and cover. Stir every now and then until chicken is cooked and mushrooms are a little soft.
Add the cooked pasta and give everything a good stir.
Add the garlic powder, salt and herbs. Mix well.
Add the white wine and on high heat let it evaporate, it will only take a minute or so.
Add the generous amount of grated cheese. Mix well.
Et voila! A quick fix pasta dish that is nutritious and rich in flavors.