I promised myself one last post before the end of January. I have been over my head with life’s ups and downs, but here I am fulfilling my promise.
This recipe makes a great brunch or even dinner. The sauce comes out really thick and tangy and the eggs just go perfectly well with the rest of flavors. I used a cast iron skillet and frankly I could sense the difference in the way everything heated up together and stayed warm.
Ingredients (serves one):
– 1 Tbsp olive oil
– 2 garlic cloves, whole
– 1/2 zucchini, sliced
– 4 large white mushrooms, sliced
– 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
– 1/4 tsp of sugar
– A couple of sprigs of fresh thyme
– 2 Tbsp of chopped fresh parmesan cheese
– 2 eggs
– Salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil in a skillet on medium heat. I used a cast iron skillet. Add the garlic cloves, zucchini and mushrooms. Fry until soft. Discard the garlic cloves.
2. Add the tomato sauce and thyme and bring to boil. Add the sugar and salt. Let the sauce thicken.
3. When the sauce thickens and is ready, add the cheese and give it a good mix.
4. Crack the eggs on top and cover. When the eggs harden and are cooked, uncover and season with freshly cracked black pepper.