Today I discovered that the most delicate and divine things indeed come in the smallest of sizes!
When I was over at my friend Marie’s house for a cup of tea, she also offered me a little cup of her mousse au chocolat with fresh orange zest on top. Wow! The velvety feel and taste of the chocolate is indescribable! And the orange zest just adds to the perfection. Just wow. Hats off Marie.
Continue for the recipe.
MOUSSE AU CHOCOLAT
– 200 g 70% cocoa good quality dark chocolate
– 20 g butter
– 4 eggs, separated
1. Melt the chocolate in bain-marie style. Add the butter. Remove from heat.
2. Add the egg yolks one by one while whisking.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the egg white until they become stiff (blanc d’oeuf monté en neige)
4. Fold in the beaten egg white in two halves into the chocolate mixture. Blend well.
5. Pour the chocolate mousse into little glasses (verrines) or little bowls or shot glasses, whatever portion size you want.
6. Chill overnight. Serve with fresh orange zest on top for a divine taste.