Today’s recipe isn’t one of mine; I found it in Sophie Dahl’s cookbook Miss Dahl’s Voluptuous Delights. It is the first recipe I try from her book. I got this book around Christmas time as a gift for myself and I finally got round to trying one of her recipes.
Ingredients (for a 15-cm baking ramequin):
– 1 cup blueberries
– 1 cup chopped apples
– 1/2 cup flour
– 1/4 cup rolled oats
– 50g butter, room temperature
– 3 Tbsp light brown sugar
– Preheat the oven to 400F.
– In a food processor, blend the butter, oats and flour. Add the sugar, mix with a spoon and set aside.
– Place the blueberries and chopped apples at the bottom of the dish. Spoon the crumble mix over the fruits and place in the oven for 30 minutes until the crumble is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling.
– Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.