After a beautiful four-day therapeutic break in Beirut, I’m back to my little world of Confetti. I was Beirut for a my friend Maria‘s wedding, which was a very intimate celebration full of dancing and good company. Maria and her husband George are now honeymooning in Italy and France!
Now back to the topic in the title, I prepared this omelet for dinner because it’s been a while that I haven’t had eggs for a meal. I also feel like a fragrant omelet that isn’t too heavy or sophisticated. So I chose thyme and Parmesan cheese.
Ingredients (for 2):
– A knob of butter
– 4 eggs
– 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
– 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
– Thin shavings of Parmesan cheese
1. Over medium heat, melt the butter in a pan while you whisk the eggs, salt, thyme and grated Parmesan in a bowl. When the butter has totally melted, pour in the egg mixture and cover the pan.
2. When the bottom is golden in color and the top is somehow dry, flip the omelet over to the other face and cover again so that both faces are golden (just like in the photo).
3. When the omelet is ready, place the shavings of Parmesan on top and turn off heat. The cheese on top will melt from the heat of the omelet.