There isn’t a week that goes by at our house that I don’t make a pasta meal of some sort. Tonight it is this delicious vegetarian linguine dish that is based on simple ingredient that make a special mix.
Linguine with Tomato Sauce, Black Olives and Feta Cheese
Ingredients (for two):
– 250g linguine pasta
– 1 can tomatoes, peeled and chopped
– 1 small onion, cut into quarters
– 1 tsp butter
– A sprinkle of white sugar
– 1/4 cup water
– 1 tsp tomato paste
– Salt & black pepper
– 2 heaped Tbsp sliced black olives
– Feta cheese
1. Cook the pasta according to packet instruction.
2. Put the tomatoes, onions, butter, sugar, water and tomato paste in a deep pot and bring to boil. Lower the heat and let the sauce simmer and thicken. Near the end, add the salt and black pepper and toss in the black olives.
3. To prepare the pasta, add the linguine to the tomato sauce and give it a thorough mix.
4. To serve, garnish the pasta dishes with feta cheese crumbled on top of the pasta. The feta goes perfectly well with the tomato sauce and the black olives.