Cute, no?! I started these cupcakes with the intention of mixing raspberries in the batter, but the frozen raspberries I was using didn’t thaw properly, so my rescue plan was to make a raspberry syrup and create swirls with it!
Ingredients for 10 cute cupcakes:
– 2 cups flour
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1 egg
– 1 cup sugar
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1 cup milk
Raspberry syrup: I used 200g of raspberries and 2 Tbsp of sugar. Over low heat, I let the raspberries and sugar melt into each other and then with a hand processor, I blended them into a liquid.
Preheat the oven to 350F.
1. In a bowl, whisk the egg, add the sugar and whisk well into a cream. Add the olive oil and mix well. Add the milk.
2. Fold the flour, baking powder and vanilla into the liquid mixture and stir with a spatula until you get a silky batter.
3. Pour the batter in paper cups.
4. Place a drop of raspberry syrup (make it as small as your pupil) on top of the batter in the paper cups, and with a toothpick gently form swirls.
5. Pop your cupcake tray in the oven for 20 minutes.