Mmmm…there’s nothing more heartwarming than the smell of freshly baked coffee cake! Here’s a sweet coffee cake that will fill your home with the most inviting and friendly smell!
For this swirly cake, you’ll need:
– 1 Tbsp brown sugar
– 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1 Tbsp instant coffee
– 2 cups flour
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 stick butter (100g), softened
– 1 cup brown sugar
– 2 eggs, at room temperature
– 1/4 cup milk
– Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a Bundt cake pan.
– Mix the brown sugar, cocoa powder and instant coffee in a small bowl.
– In another bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla and salt.
– In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
– Into the eggs and butter mixture, fold in half the flour and then the milk. Beat. Finally fold in the last half of the flour (start and end with flour).
– Pour half the batter into the cake pan. Sprinkle the cocoa and coffee mix over the batter.
– Add the second half of the batter to cover the powdered layer.
– Finally, with a kitchen knife, swirl the batter around.
– Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Take my advice and bake this cake on a cold night in at home. It will make your heart smile!