Ingredients (for two):
– 1 cup of basmati rice
– 1 Tbsp of oil
– 1/2 tsp mixed spice
– 1/2 tsp turmeric
– 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
– 2 cups of water
– 2 fish fillet
– Slices of lemon
– Crushed coriander seeds
– Salt and pepper
– Cilantro for garnishing
– Fry the garlic with the turmeric and the mixed spice.
– Add the rice. Stir well until the rice is well coated with the yellow turmeric.
– Add the water and salt, when it boils, lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the water has evaporated and the rice is fluffy.
– To prepare the fish, coat the fish well with the crushed coriander seeds, oregano, salt and pepper.
– In a heated stick-proof pan, grill the fish with the slices of lemon on top. Grill until both sides are golden.
– Serve the rice with the fish on the side. Garnish with cilantro.
A really light meal, great with a glass of cold white wine.