It’s been a long time since I baked a cake. I wanted a simple recipe with one kind of fruit. I rummaged through the perishables in the fridge. I found eggs, butter, flour and milk. I rummaged in my freezer. I found berries: blue, cran and rasp. As usual, I worked with what I had. And here is the result:
1 1/4 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter, room temperature
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1 cup of blueberries, dusted with flour (I forgot to dust them so they sank to the bottom!)
– Preheat the oven to 350F.
– Beat the butter and sugar.
– Add the eggs. Beat until well mixed.
– Add the flour, baking powder, salt. Mix well.
– Add milk.
– Fold in the blueberries.
– Pour the batter in a loaf pan.
– Bake for 45 minutes.
– Allow cake to cool. Cut it into slices. Lay the slices on a cookie tray and roast a little in the oven.
Note: I think I’ll use less butter next time.