My dear friend Maria is an avid baker and she enjoys a juicy homemade cake more than anything. I saw the recipe for chocolate muffins on her blog and decided to try it in a cake form. No kidding, a super moist cake with a hint of banana and a great consistency.
- 115g flour
- 4 Tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 100g of butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 30g hazelnut powder (I ran a handful of hazelnuts in the food processor and took 30g of the result)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a bowl, mix the first five dry ingredients.
3. In another bowl, whisk the eggs and then add the sugar and whisk well. Add the butter, whisk some more.
4. Gradually, add the dry ingredients from the first bowl onto the egg mixture in the second bowl. With a spatula mix everything well.
5. The mixture will be dry, so add the mashed bananas and mix well. Then, add the hazelnut powder.
6. Pour the batter into a loaf pan or a cake tin and pop in the oven for 30 minutes. Test with a skewer before taking out.
ENJOY! Thanks Maria