These bars are ideal to take to work to share with colleagues or to have in a picnic basket. They don’t take a lot of work and they cool down fast, so the whole process won’t take longer than 30 minutes.
Ingredients for a baking tray with 8.5 inch x 8.5 inch dimensions
- 2 eggs
– 3/4 cup sugar
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
– 2 Tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1 and 1/4 cup flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Add the sugar and the brown sugar and whisk again.
3. Add the peanut butter and butter and whisk again.
4. Gradually add the flour and baking powder and salt and mix well.
5. Spread in your baking tray and then sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
6. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack before cutting them into 5cmx5cm sqaures.