As many of you know, my mother is visiting me for a couple of weeks, and for this special occasion I am preparing all the delicious things that she wants. She said she likes cheesecake but hasn’t tried a baked cheesecake before, so I made this cheesecake from a recipe that I had found on Foodbuzz.
BAKED BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE
For the crust:
- 2 and 1/2 cups digestive biscuits, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
For the filling:
- 900 grams cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 and 1/2 cup caster sugar (or just give the granulated sugar a quick buzz in a food processor)
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 1 and 1/3 cup double cream or whipping cream or creme fraiche
- 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate, melted
- 1 cup blueberries, dusted with a little flour
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Mix the crushed biscuits with the butter and press gently onto the base of a spring-form pan.
Mix all the ingredients for the filling together except the blueberries. You might have to beat the mixture with an electric beater for a minute.
To prepare, pour half the cheese mixture over the biscuits then throw in the blueberries scattered on top. Then, pour in the other half of the cheese mixture. Smooth the surface. Place in the oven for one hour and 15 minutes. Then, let it cool on your kitchen surface, and then refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
My mom loved this cake. She said that the citrus hint balances out the sweetness in the cheese filling. So, next time you are in the mood for some cheesecake, why not try this recipe?!